Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Know Your Bookstore Employees- Livia

A lot of neat people and things have come from Germany: cuckoo clocks, Ludwig van Beethoven, Porche cars, Wienerschnitzel, Oktoberfest, and my personal favorite, German chocolate cake (mmm mmm)!

Also notable is Livia. If you're having a lousy day at school, come to the bookstore on a day she's cashiering. Her bubbly, chipper attitude will cheer you right up.
                                                                 
First of all, tell us a little about yourself.
Well, I'm originally from Berlin, Germany and came to America about 3 years ago. I've been happily married 5 years and started going to OTC in 2010, with plans to transfer next semester to MSU and get a bachelors degree in psychology.

How long have you been working for the bookstore?
About one year now.

What other, non-OTC jobs have you had in addition to this one?
I've worked at Build-A-Bear, as a pharmacist, hair dresser, photographer, daycare center attendant (with 15 two-year-olds who made the job very interesting), and currently, besides this job, as a makeup consultant.

What's your favorite aspect of working at the bookstore?
My co-workers. We’ve become really good friends. I've had more laughs at this job than any other.

Working at the bookstore is cool and all, but what's your dream job?
I’ve always liked so many different things that it’s really hard to narrow it down. When I was younger, I enjoyed drawing portraits and wanted to become an artist. Later I went to cosmetology school, then studied photography, but still wasn’t satisfied. I've always wanted a job where I could constantly be learning new things, so for now, I've decided to be an eternal student, always finding more things to try and learn. =)

What’s your favorite item that the bookstore carries, and why?
Riesen candies, chewy chocolate caramel covered in rich European chocolate [BLOGGER'S NOTE- available for a meager $1.59 at the OTC Bookstore!]. They're the best product we carry because they’re made in Germany (not that I’m biased)!

If you could have any super power, what would it be?
Shapeshifting. Since I can’t decide on a profession, I could shapeshift into anyone I wanted with any career I wanted!

Finally, what would you like to say to all the people reading this blog right now?
It’s easiest for students to get your books before or after the first week of class. That way you avoid the lines.

Now tell everyone reading the blog something in German that they’ll likely have to look up to understand.
Besucht uns im Buchladen! Wir freuen uns auf euch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want to hear from you! Please share with us your comments below.