Monday, April 8, 2013

Know Your Bookstore Employees- McKenzie Morrow




First of all, tell us a little about yourself.
I’m tough, sassy, honest almost to a fault, hardworking, can be serious, but enjoy joking around. I like reading books a lot, which is why I wanted to work at a bookstore. I like learning about European history, particularly Eastern Europe, and I hope to travel all over Europe at some point in my life. Maybe eventually live there, too.

How long have you been working for the bookstore?
I started as a seasonal employee in July 2012, and then became a regular in January 2013.

What other, non-OTC jobs have you had in addition to this one?
I worked as a cashier/customer service representative at Bass Pro Shops, then at Mediacom Ice Park as a party hostess, cashier, and customer service rep. And as of last Thursday, I'm now an employee of Great Southern Bank.

What's your favorite aspect of working at the bookstore?
I enjoy working with textbooks and helping people find them. I also enjoy working with other employees; they’re easygoing, fun to hang out with, and take a lot of school-induced stress off of my life.

Working at the bookstore is cool and all, but what's your dream job?
A writer of science fiction/fantasy books, preferably with some historical aspects because that’s my major. But aside from being a writer, I’d like to do something in international politics, since my interests are in Europe and European culture.

What are your favorite hobbies?
My main hobbies are playing softball and reading. Like a nerd, I enjoy doing research on historical subjects. As for my more girly side, I like to go shopping for clothing and makeup. Friendly get-togethers are always fun, too!

What’s your favorite item that the bookstore carries, and why?
Food items, particularly the Planters Nut and Chocolate Trail Mix [Blogger’s note- only $3.99!]. I’m very hungry when I get to work [Blogger’s note- Of course, she eats it before clocking in for work].

If you could have any super power in the world, what would it be?
Controlling the weather. Tornadoes, hurricanes, thunderstorms, lightning…those would be cool things to control. Oh, telekinesis would also be neat. And shapeshifting. Actually, it would be hard to choose just one super power, so maybe all? [Blogger’s note- No.]

Finally, what would you like to say to all the people reading this blog right now?
Don’t forget to bring your Smart Card whenever you come to buy your books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want to hear from you! Please share with us your comments below.