Monday, April 1, 2013

Know Your Bookstore Employees: Matthew Reichert



First of all, tell us a little about yourself.
I am a sophomore at OTC with plans to transfer to Missouri State soon. I'm currently stuck in between majors, Music Education and…I don’t know the other one yet.

How long have you been working for the bookstore?
About 1 year and 2 months, off and on.

What other, non-OTC jobs have you had in addition to this one?
I’ve had a lot. Subway (the restaurant), various pools as a lifeguard/swimming lessons instructor, and a call center job at Brookstone, to name a few.

What's your favorite aspect of working at the bookstore?
I really like not having to sit down in a cubicle. I’m forced to remain active. I particularly enjoy visiting the other OTC campuses.

Working at the bookstore is cool and all, but what's your dream job?
To play in a really good orchestra, maybe perform music for a movie score.

Any kind of movie in particular?
Something like Lord of the Rings or Star Wars. As a whole, I feel those kind of movies have way better scores.

What’s your favorite item that the bookstore carries, and why?
Good question. There are so many options! I most often buy candy (of which we have many varieties- Blogger), but I think that all of our flash drives (starting at $14.99) are pretty neat.

Any kind of flash drive in particular?
Darth Vader! ($24.99!)

What sort of hobbies do you enjoy outside of work?
I like to go to the gym, play piano, and listen to music.

If you could have any super power in the world, what would it be?
Invisibility. It’d be interesting to see how people act when no one is around them.

As a music major, what one song would you say perfectly encapsulates your bookstore experience thus far?
Space Jam! In Text Res we played that song over and over again.

Finally, what would you like to say to all the people reading this blog right now?
S’up, y'all? Go Eagles!

(I don't care what it's Rotten Tomatoes rating is; Space Jam was a great movie.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want to hear from you! Please share with us your comments below.