Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Know Your Bookstore Employees

We've been pretty serious as of late, what with the semester starting and all, so let's take things down a notch with a brand new feature on the Bookstore Blog: Know Your Bookstore Employees. Let's get to know some of the cool dudes and dudettes in our employ who help make your book-buying purchases a pleasant experience.

We kick things off with an interview featuring the man, the myth, the legend (among our staff, at least). I'm speaking, of course, of employee Alex Yocum.



During the busy season you'll often see this fellow manning the stations of the Richwood Valley campus bookstore. During the slower times, you'll often see him cashiering or running the bookstore's Game Day event. Just look for the guy wearing the trademark hat along with his OTC Bookstore staff shirt.

How long have you been working for the OTC Bookstore?
About a year now.

What's your favorite aspect of the job?
My fellow employees, the managers…everyone I work with! I like cracking jokes. I’m kinda the jokester of the bookstore.

Working at the bookstore is cool and all, but what's your dream job?
I have two: one, to work at ESPN as a reporter. My second one, to be a part of the Secret Service.

If you could have any super power in the world, what would it be?
To create food with my mind. You know, just thinking about it being on the table, and bam, biscuits and gravy!

Oh, and bacon. Because everyone loves bacon.

What’s your favorite item that the bookstore carries, and why?
I really like the Arnold Palmer Lemonade. I can’t find it anywhere else. The half lemonade/half tea combo is pretty awesome.

Being a music major, what song would you use to describe working at the bookstore?
“What Is Love?” by Haddaway. [Blogger's note- The fact that we were blaring this song while I asked him this question had absolutely no bearing on his answer]

Finally, what would you like to say to all the people reading this blog right now?
Pound it.





                                                                     Baby, don't hurt me! No 'mo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want to hear from you! Please share with us your comments below.